What is this Privacy Notice for?
Addosser Microfinance Bank Limited (jointly referred to in this document as ‘Addosser MFB’ or ‘the Company’, or ‘We’) is a financial institution licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). We value your Personal Data and are committed to protecting your privacy whenever you interact with us. Please read this Privacy Notice (Notice) to understand our policies, processes, and procedures regarding the processing of your data.
Under the NDPA/GDPR, personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Who Is Responsible for Your Personal Data
We will not disclose or divulge such data outside of, other than third-party providers that assist us in providing the services, does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Why Addosser MFB collect and store personal data?
Addosser MFB collects your data to provide you with the required banking service. When you sign up for any of the banks’ products (online or other services that require registration, personal information such as your name, email address, and account password are required. We use the information you submit under your account to provide you with customer-centric service. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect is used appropriately for the purpose they were collected and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Addosser MFB shall contact you for additional consent.
Will Addosser MFB share my data with anyone else?
Your personal information shall only be shared with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- If, we have your consent as required for the sharing of any sensitive personal information
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons to process personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Nigeria Data Protection Act and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Addosser MFB procedures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Addosser MFB , its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
How will Addosser MFB use the personal data it collects about me?
Addosser MFB will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR). We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. Addosser MFB is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
We process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
when you access Addosser MFB, our server automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website.
when you send email or other communications to Addosser MFB, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. Retention of data shall be in line with the banks retention policy
Social medium platforms
Maintaining accurate information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances, transactions and similar information through various means, such as account statements, SMS Banking, Social Media Banking and Internet Banking. If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our branch network or Contact Centre, and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us to implement the necessary updates or changes
Under what circumstances will Addosser MFB contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Addosser MFB holds about me?
Addosser MFB at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Addosser MFB does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Addosser MFB or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organization, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The Attorney General of the Federation will approve sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (NDPC).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Addosser MFB accepts the following forms of ID (but not limited to) when information on your personal data is requested: International Passport, driving license, national identity card, permanent voter card.
Privacy of children
Addosser MFB respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect names, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children nor do we allow children under 18 to open online accounts.
To contact our Data Protection Officer, kindly address your request to “The Data Protection Officer” at 32, Lewis Street, Lagos Island, Lagos State, Nigeria or send an email:firstname.lastname@example.org